CONSULTING & COACHING
Consulting & Coaching
We believe purchasing can contribute significantly to a company’s competitiveness, and this becomes especially vital in today’s complex and fast-changing business environment. The market expectation for higher quality, quicker time-to-market, more integrated functionalities and lower costs, has required higher supplier capability and earlier involvement.
Developing customized purchasing strategy and translating them into actionable guidelines and procedures, we advise companies in manufacturing of all sizes and in a variety of industries on their supply chain management solutions.
We also have a series of training and coaching programs that develop purchasing professionals to take a strategic approach which aligns with high level corporate goals, and equips them with practical skills so that processes are established to haves suppliers properly managed and risks under control.
Coaching & Training Programs
Contact us for our unique Training and Coaching Programs for Purchasing Excellence. We love to share our knowledge and practices with you and the programs will eventually help transform you into an effective purchasing leader.
Formulating Purchasing Strategy Aligning with Business
When talking about strategy, do you think it is merely beautiful PPTs which are used to present to senior management, and it doesn’t relate anything to your daily work? Or it is just a way of indicating cost reduction?
I was thinking the same, but now I convinced that strategy can be very actionable. Come to join our Strategy Workshop, it will change your mind. You will learn how to develop purchasing strategy which aligns with business goal and at the same time directly links to operation,This will add significant meaning to your daily work.
- What is Purchasing Strategy
- Why do We Need Purchasing strategy
- Corporate Mission and Business Goaln
- Category Four Quadrants and Management Strategy
- Supplier Relationship Model and its Management Strategy
- Managing Supply Risk
- Effective Cost Management
- Case Studies
- Action Plan
This workshop gives you an all-rounded knowledge about all the purchasing related processes, introducing the concept of upstream processes playing an important role in purchase management. We also look at the overall goal of processes and the roles and responsibilities at all levels of purchasing.
- Importance of Purchasing
- Purchasing Goal, Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic Purchasing Planning Process
- Requirement Analysis
- Market Research
- Supplier Qualification
- Contract Management
- Risk Management
- Order Management Process
- New Product Introduction Process
- Technical Purchasing (RFX)
- Supplier Management and Development Process
- Supplier Quality
- Strategic Cost Management Procs
Effective Purchasing Negotiation
Though the cost of the product has largely been defined in the product development stage, negotiation is still an important way of achieving cost reduction. We believe cost analysis helps us look deeper into costs, but full preparation and skills and tactics will help us win at the end.
Unlike business negotiation, the effective purchasing negotiation uses mainly case studies to demonstrate preparation, skills, tactics and styles. You will learn how negotiation is applied to achieve win-win situation in different scenarios.
Through the workshop, we help purchasing professionals become equipped with a negotiation mindset, combining the right preparation model with a systematic approach.
- Mini Negotiation Case Studies
- Negotiation Process
- Negotiation Preparation (LIM, BATANA)
- Negotiation Tactics and Styles (ZOOPA, Interest & Position)
- Case Studies
Effective Cost Management
Are you tired of endless cost reduction meetings? Do you feel stressed of squeezing a tiny profit from suppliers? Are you confident about the price you are buying with is fair or even competitive? Is the lowest price always the best choice? Do you know that a higher buying price may lead to more benefit for your company? How much you know about TCO?
Firstly, we evaluate cost reduction from business perspective, then we learn together how to do effective cost management using theories of cost. We will discuss various ways of cost reduction based on different categories, understand TCO and the practical use of it, learn how to build should-cost model for processing materials. After this course, you will become more confident in cost management.
- Cost Principle
- Cost Analysis Framework
- Cost Planning and Management
- Price vs Cost
- Cost Reduction Techniques
- TCO Model
- Case Studies
Conducted Examples of Purchasing Training and Coaching Programs:
- Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Keynote Speaker – Building a Winning Supply Chain
- Sourcing Strategy Development Seminar for the member companies of Guangdong PSA, Shanghai SCOM
- Effective Supplier Management System Seminar (Ref: S.F. Express)
- Purchasing to Non-Purchasing Manager Seminar (Ref: Maquet, Moen)
- Purchasing Process Training & Workshops (Ref: Philips Singapore/Shenzhen, Schneider, Konecranes, Shennan Circuits, Mindray)
- Purchasing Negotiation Workshop (Philip HK, Maquet)
- e-Tendering Management Training (Shanghai Purchasing Association SCOM)
Conducted Examples of Consulting Projects
- Designed and conducted a two-years coaching program for a multinational medical equipment company. The program objective is to help the client’s China IPO team (International Purchasing Office) succeed in locating and developing china supply base for global operations in terms of strategic direction and people skills.
- Successfully conducted a cost reduction project for a global fortune 500 company in Crane and Elevator industry. We evaluated their cost level comparing with other market offers or through should-cost analysis; Recommended cost management model by category, and provided proposals for cost reduction ideas. Within two months’ time, 300 components in 15 different categories were reviewed and 20-30% cost-down was realized.
- Complete revamping of a large state-owned enterprise’s purchasing departmental. The deliverables of the projects are: re-organization, team’s roles and responsibilities, purchasing and sourcing core processes, and management strategy for category, supplier, cost and risk.